June Medtech Funding
Across the Medtech industry, funding increased in June compared to May. Using insights powered by Medtech Pro, by LSI below is a breakdown of June 2023 financing in Medtech (excluding pharma and drug therapy financings).
LSI Alumni June 2023 Funding Update
June was an impressive month of funding for the LSI Alumni, raising over $200 Million across 11 deals (+1 acquisition).
- Closed a $2.7 million seed funding round led by Popular Impact Fund.
- The investment will support its mission to deliver clinical-grade ECG interpretation software to cardiac monitoring companies.
Watch AccurKardia’s presentation from LSI USA ‘23 and LSI Europe ‘22.
- Raised $82.5 million in Series D Funding led by CPMG and adds Evidity Health Capital as a syndicate partner, with participation from current investors H.I.G. Capital (LSI Alumni), Revival Healthcare Capital, Almeda Ventures and others.
- The news came the same week the company recorded its record 4,000th US patient treated with the xvision Spine System®.
Watch Augmedics presentation and interview from LSI USA ‘21.
- Announced the second closing of its Series C funding round of €61 million, with participation from Sociétés de Projets Industriels (SPI), managed by Bpifrance, as well as leading international investors Exor Ventures and Vlerick Group.
- The funding will be used to finance the next stages of development and entry into clinical trials.
- Raised $500,000 in Seed Funding from TEDCO's Life Sciences Investment Fund.
- The funding will allow Galen Robotics to expand their research to continue building solutions to support surgeons.
Watch Galen Robotics’ presentation from LSI USA ‘23 and LSI USA ‘22.
- Received research funding from the INOVAIT Pilot Fund along with its co-applicant, Sonele Inc.
- With MOLLI®, surgery departments may be able to do 40% more breast surgeries, radiology departments may be able to see 34% more patients, and the procedures may be simpler and less painful for patients.
Watch MOLLI Surgical’s presentation and interview from LSI USA ‘23.
- Raised AU$11M in an oversubscribed acceleration round for its 'lab-on-a-patch' technology and announced Dr. Chris Roberts has joined its board of directors.
- Its lab-on-a-patch technology combines microneedles that provide pain-free access to interstitial fluid, just under the skin, and DNA sensor technology.
Watch Nutromics presentation from LSI USA ‘23 and LSI Europe ‘22.
- Received research funding from the INOVAIT Pilot Fund in collaboration with Kinetix Medicine.
- The company's TIPSO device enables convenient, over-the-drape controls for physicians to navigate live and historical imaging records during surgical procedures.
Watch NZ Technologies presentation and interview from LSI USA ‘23.
- Entered into an exclusive distribution agreement with BCWorld Healthcare to distribute the HYDRAFIL™ System in South Korea.
- The agreement includes an investment by BCWH in ReGelTec funding for a clinical study in South Korea to support the regulatory path with the Ministry of Food and Drug Safety (MFDS).
- Set to acquire Conformis for approximately $16M ($2.27 per share).
- The deal is expected to close by the end of the third quarter of 2023.
Watch restor3d presentation from LSI USA ‘22.
- Raised a $5.1 million Series A funding round led by Johnson & Johnson Innovation – JJDC, Inc., and joined by other major medical device investors such as ShangBay Capital and Highpoint Ventures.
- The technology offers a non-invasive approach for the eradication of biofilm on metallic implants for the treatment of PJI.
Watch Solenic Medical’s presentation from LSI USA ‘23.
- Received a second investment of $5 million by David C. Dvorak.
- The investment was completed through Black Lake Expeditions, LLC, an entity for which Mr. Dvorak serves as managing director.
Watch THINK Surgical’s presentation from LSI USA ‘23.